The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, International Cultural Exchange School invites (Shanghai Government Scholarship)applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship. The scholarship is open to the bachelors, masters and Ph.D. students of a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
The scholarship covers a tuition waiver, free on-campus accommodation, monthly living allowance (master 3000 RMB/month, Ph.D. 3500 RMB/month) and comprehensive insurance for postgraduate programs and a tuition waiver, comprehensive insurance for the undergraduate program.
The Shanghai University of Finance and Economics was one of the very first universities in China to create post-doctoral research centers in the fields of economics and management, and it was also one of the leading universities to first offer MBA and EMBA programs. (Shanghai Government Scholarship)
- Applications Deadline: March 30, 2019.
- Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. program.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the subject offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover:
- Type A (for postgraduate programs): A tuition waiver, free on-campus accommodation, monthly living allowance (master 3000 RMB/month, D. 3500 RMB/month) and comprehensive insurance.
- Type B (for undergraduate programs): A tuition waiver, comprehensive insurance.
- Nationality: Citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China can apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
- Entrance Requirements: To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- Education Background & Age
- Bachelor’s program applicants should be at least 18 years old with a completed high school diploma by 1st September 2019.
- Master’s program applicants should be under the age of 35 with a completed a bachelor’s degree by 1st September 2019.
- Ph.D. degree applicants should be under the age of 40 with a completed a master’s degree by 1st September 2019.
- Language proficiency: new HSK5 level (scored at least 180)
The applicants must submit these Supporting documents
- One original copy of Application Form for Shanghai Government Scholarship
- One original copy of the Application Form for Degree Program
- One copy of bachelor or master diploma and degree certificate (for Type A) / senior high school diploma (for Type B) certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- One copy of final academic transcript certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- One copy of HSK certificate and transcript
- One personal statement in English or Chinese
- One letter of reference (for Type B, written by a high school teacher)/ two letters of reference (for Type A, written by professors or associate professors) in English or Chinese.
- One copy of remittance note for the application fee (415 RMB/person for undergraduate programs; 830 RMB/person for postgraduate programs)
- Only bank transfer is accepted and the application fee is not refundable.
- One copy of identification of passport (valid beyond 30th September 2019)
- An applicant who has emigrated from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan to another country should also submit one copy of the certificate of naturalization, canceling the formal household registration in China, continuous residence in the current country for at least two years in the past four years. All the documents should be certified and translated (if documents are nor in English or Chinese) by an authorized person.
- Others (optional): certificates recognizing awards, merits.
How to Apply:
- Step 1 – Submit the scholarship application on http://study.shmec.gov.cn, print out the scholarship application form and sign on it.
- Step 2 -Submit the program application on http://ao.sufe.edu.cn, print out the degree program application form and sign on it.
- Step 3 – Present the supporting documents to the Admission Office at ICES SUFE.
- Mail or hand indirectly to the Admission Office by the application deadline (mailing date considered as submission date).
- An applicant himself or asking someone else to drop by and submitting the documents at the Admission Office should come between 8 am to 5 pm on workdays.
Note: Application must be made online. Only the documents in hardcopy are accepted.