The University of Oldenburg aims to strengthen its international ties and to increase the number of international doctoral candidates. That’s why they are pleased to offer the DAAD Contact Grants.
Scholarships financed by the Scholarship and Supervision Programme for International Doctoral Candidates of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD, so-called Contact Grants) will be awarded by the Graduate Academy and the International Student Office.
The duration of the stay should be between one and six months (between 2019 and 2021). The stay of international doctoral candidates should take place in 2019.
- Applications Deadline: January 31st, 2019.
- Course Level: The scholarships are open for the doctoral program.
- Study Subject: The scholarships will be awarded for doctoral study.
- Scholarship Award: In addition to the doctoral grant, successful applicants may also earn a max. salary of 450 EUR per month as supplementary income/ income from a part-time job.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: The supported doctoral candidates must be registered doctoral students at one of the partner universities of the University of Oldenburg (e.g. via Memorandum of Understanding; Student Exchange Agreement; agreement-based research cooperations) and need to be integrated into a research group
International doctoral candidates may apply for these scholarships with the following documents:
- Application form
- A CV
- A supportive statement of the supervisor at the home university
- A letter of the research group at the University of Oldenburg outlining the (planned) involvement of the international doctoral candidate in the group. To be specific, the scientific and practical involvement of the doctoral candidate in the group as well as an approximate schedule for the research stay should be described.
- Proofs of external fundings (e.g. pay slips, scholarship certificates)
The intended stay may, at the earliest, commence one month after the application deadline, the monthly grants for the stay amounts to 950 EUR.