Applications are now invited for 12 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions on the BioImplant ITN. All ESR positions will be jointly hosted by an academic and industry member of the consortium, with all successful candidates hosted for at least 18 months at industry partners.
The programme will provide world-class training for a new generation of highly skilled researchers in the area of biomaterial and medical implant development. Successful candidates will undertake 3-year PhD programmes with positions preferably starting in July 2019.
BioImplant ITN is a @MSCActions Innovative Training Network that will develop next-generation bioabsorbable materials for medical implants. It is a European Industrial Doctorate programme funded by the European Union through the Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks.
- Applications Deadline: 27 January 2019, 23:00 CET
- Course Level: The programmes are open for PhD level programmes
- Study Subject: The PhD programmes are available in the area of bioresorbable implant development.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: The 12 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in an international location.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world. Selected researchers will enroll in one of the 12 ESR positions available across the host organisations of the BioImplant ITN:
- National University of Ireland Galway (IE)
- The Queens University of Belfast (UK)
- RWTH Aachen (DE)
- IMDEA Materials Institute (ESP)
- Boston Scientific Ltd (IE)
- Vascular Flow Technologies Ltd. (UK)
- Meotec GmbH (DE)
- ITA TextilTechnologieTransfer GmbH (DE)
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants need to fully comply with the four eligibility criteria:
- Academic Qualification: The applicant has obtained a Degree that formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate in the host country. The degree should be in the area of Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Material Science/Engineering or Physics (or related disciplines).
- Early-stage researchers (ESR)are those who are, at the time of recruitment by the host, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which formerly entitles them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged. Please note applicants cannot already hold a PhD.
- Conditions of international mobility of researchers: Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment. At the time of appointment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- English language: ESR candidates must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training. Non-native English speakers are required to provide evidence of English language competency before the appointment is made. An IELTS score of 6.5, or equivalent, is the minimum requirement.
There are 12 PhD Fellowship positions available in the BioImplant Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Network. Your application form consists of two parts:
- Online Application Form: You are requested to complete the application form below to facilitate the eligibility check of your application.
- PDF Application File: You must also upload a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in a single PDF file when submitting this application form.
- How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship must submit an online application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that your application has been submitted.
- All positions are recruited in line with Open, Transparent, Merit (OTM) and Competency-based recruitment.
- Check all 12 ESR Research Projects
- The MSCA-ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions.
- The successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers.
- Exact salary will be confirmed upon offer and will be based on a Living Allowance of €3110/month to be paid in the currency of the country where based and with a correction factor to be applied per country + mobility allowance of €600/month.
- Additionally, researchers may also qualify for a family allowance of €500/month depending on the family situation. Taxation and Social Contribution deductions based on National and Institutional regulations will apply and will be deducted from the gross payment highlighted above.
- In addition to their Page 5 of 16 individual scientific projects, all fellows will benefit from further continuing education, which includes the opportunity to register for a PhD degree, scientific skills courses, transferable skills courses, active participation in workshops and conferences, and secondments to partner labs.